Skip to main content

Belmont Super Saturday Stakes Selections

Rugbyman
Photo Taken by CZ Photos
Race 2 The Easy Goer Stakes 
Win: #3 Rugbyman
Place: #7 Dark Vader
Show: #2 Mask
Complete Super: #5 Prince Lucky 

Analysis: I'm thinking this is going to be a break out race for the royally bred Rugbyman I was very impressed with his last out and think he'll handle the jump to stakes company with flying colors.






Pacific Wind
Photo Taken by CZ Photos 


Race 3 Ogden Phipps Stakes 

Win: #4 Pacific Wind
Place: #6 Abel Tasman
Show: #3 Highway Star
Complete Super: #1 Unbridled Mo

Analysis: Pacific Wind like a typical Curlin has gotten worlds better with age and I think she's still going to make leaps forward she's that good. Honest opinion she is easily the best Older Female on the East Coast.









Monomoy Girl
Photo Taken by CZ Photos 


Race 4 Acorn Stakes 



Win: #3 Monomoy Girl
Place: #7 Talk Veuve To Me
Show: #5 Caledonia Road
Complete Super: #1 Moonshine Memories

Analysis: Monomoy Girl is simply to good to be beaten especially at a flat mile. Caledonia Road is going to have better luck running in some longer distance races down the line. Talk Veuve To Me looks like she could be a future superstar though and with some racing experience she could have a big second half of the year.










War Story
Photo Taken by Rick Samuels 


Race 5 Brooklyn Invitational Stakes 

Win: #9 War Story
Place: #2 Hoppertunity
Show: #4 Take Your Guns
Complete Super: #3 Hard Study

Analysis: War Story loves the mile and a half at Belmont and I think he'll successfully defend his Brooklyn title. Hoppertunity is a game old war horse and I would love to see him win here but I think he's no match for War Story at a mile and a half.










Stormy Liberal
Photo Taken by Benoit Photo
Race 6 Jaipur Invitational Stakes 

Win: #1 Stormy Liberal
Place: #8 Holding Gold
Show: #4 Conquest Tsunami
Complete Super: #5 Disco Partner

Analysis: I think the 6 furlongs is right up Stormy Liberal's ally and there looks like there's going to be plenty of pace for him to run into. Holding Gold will also appreciate the hot pace and the 6 furlong distance.








Race 7 Woody Stephans Stakes 
Kanthaka
Photo Taken By CZ Photos

Win: #8 Kanthaka
Place: #12 Strike Power
Show: #4 Givemeaminit
Complete Super: #3 Engage

Analysis: Another race thats going to have a wicked pace Kanthaka is probably the best closer of the bunch and will rocket on by all of them close to home. Strike Power has showed he can hang on after wicked fractions so I think he'll hang on to get a piece of it.








Off Limits (IRE)
Photo Taken By Benoit Photo
Race 8 Just A Game Stakes 

Win: #3 Off Limits (IRE)
Place: #5 Proctor's Ledge
Show: #7 A Raving Beauty (GER)
Complete Super: #4 Lull

Analysis: It's unwise to bet against Chad Brown on the turf and I think Off Limits is his better win candidate in this race so I'll go with her. Proctor's Ledge knows how to string races together so I wouldn't be surprised if she spoils the Chad Brown party here.





Bee Jersey
Photo Taken By Coady Photography 

Race 9 Metropolitan Handicap 

Win: #10 Bee Jersey
Place: #4 McCraken
Show: #1 Mind Your Biscuits
Complete Super: #5 Good Samaritan

Analysis: There's absolutely no pace in here so I'm thinking Bee Jersey could steal it from the front end McCraken will get first jump on the rest of the deep closers and maybe make a race of it.








Beach Patrol
Photo Taken by Chelsea Durand 
Race 10 Manhattan Stakes 

Win: #10 Beach Patrol
Place: #3 Hi Happy
Show: #2 One Go All Go
Complete Super: #8 Sadlers Joy

Analysis: I think Beach Patrol will appreciate getting back to a mile and a quarter and Chad Brown's going to snatch up another grade one on the grass.














Race 11 The Belmont Stakes 
Tenfold
Photo Taken By Coady Photography 

Win: #7 Tenfold
Place: #10 Blended Citizen
Show: #8 Vino Rosso
Complete Super: #2 Free Drop Billy

Analysis: I'm going with the best bred horses for a mile and a half as I don't see Justify getting the trip he wants from the one post and a whole host of other factors is making me think he wont even hit the board on Saturday. That being said if he goes on and wins Saturday I will be the most shocked and fully admit I was wrong and I think it'll be no exaggeration to say he's one of the greatest racehorses I've seen in my lifetime if he does win the Triple Crown.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triple Crown Reactions

I got into horse racing way back in 2004 thanks to a plucky little chestnut horse named Smarty Jones who swept through the Kentucky Derby and Preakness with devastating ease I thought for sure even with my limited horse racing knowledge at that time that he would be racings 12th Triple Crown winner. My hopes were dashed as another plucky little colt named Birdstone swept on by him and dashed all my hopes in that final heartbreaking furlong.  The Triple Crown is part of what fueled my love for this sport at such a young age, and after Smarty Jones I spent most of my life thinking I would never have the privilege to witness a Triple Crown winner. So when American Pharoah came along I relished every hoofbeat, every race-call, and every heart stopping moment along the trail. I probably have watched his Belmont over a hundred times, and I could probably recite it word for word by now. I remember exactly where I was when he crossed that wire first I was hot walking a horse named Castlederg w

OBS June Sales Results!

Here is how my Selected Yearlings breezed and sold at the recent OBS June Horses of Racing Age Sale. Hip 106 Uncle Mo- Paint Me Red sold for $105,000 to Olin Gentry and Dennis O'Neil causing a $55,000 loss off her yearling purchase price of $160,000.  Hip 112 Quality Road- Party Chatter sold for $240,000 to Justin Casse making a $110,000 profit off her yearling purchase price of $130,000 Hip 232 Orb- Shine Forth was a $72,000 RNA Hip 276 Strong Mandate- Starship Scarlett sold for $50,000 to Nick Hines causing a $90,000 loss off his yearling purchase price of $140,000. Hip 332 Dialed In- Top Trick sold for $110,000 to Joe Sharp making a $10,000 profit off his yearling price of $100,000 Hip 411 "Random Number" Uncle Mo- Afleet Lass sold for $27,000 to Uncle Mo Racing causing a $213,000 loss off his yearling purchase price of $240,000 Hip 494 Speightstown- Blueeyesintherein sold for $100,000 to Eddie Plesa J

Fasig Tipton Midlantic Two Year Old Sale Update!

My Selected Yearlings recently went through the ring at the Fasig Midlantic sale heres how they worked and how they sold. (Click the links for workout videos) Hip 61 Jimmy Creed- Arizion  sold for $57,000 to DM Cooper making a $7,000 profit off his yearling price of $50,000. Hip 109 Speightstown- Blueeyesintherein   was a $190,000 RNA Hip 212 Goldencents- Fallseed  was a $49,000 RNA Hip 220 Will Take Charge- Fast Tigress   was a $19,000 RNA Hip 252 Union Rags- Heavenly Pride  sold for $20,000 to Trin-Brook Stable causing a $180,000 loss of his yearling purchase price of $200,000. Hip 278 Mucho Macho Man- Itsagiantcauseway  sold for $625,000 to Michael Lund Peterson making a $530,000 profit off his yearling purchase price of $95,000. Hip 359 Street Sense- Miss Emelina  sold for $200,000 to Kagele Bros, Ken Shaw, Mike Machowsky, Agent. Making a $80,000 profit off his yearling price of $120,000. Hip 565 Medaglia D'Oro- Tapicat  sold for $1,200,000 to Dennis O'Neil